Friday, April 24, 2009

BSOD and other PC Issues

I have been having PC issues this week, and what's more because I've networked my PCs, this new strain of Virtumonde has infected the 2 computers in this room through Java. It's a tricky one to remove, Norton doesn't really pick it up and the old Virtumonde fixes don't work, so it's been an uphill battle trying to clean it in Safe Mode.

I've isolated most of it on one of the PCs (the server) which has CS4 installed on it, so that PC is still functional and online. I keep having issues (freezes and crashes mainly) with CS4 as I mentioned a few months back in the discussion forum. It's also painfully slow.

I am now working off my laptop and furiously trying to backup what I have on my other beloved computer (lol), my Quad Core pride and joy. It's also the main one I have been using for this project (CS3).

Hopefully it all works out and I can get the DVD sent off for marking, but I will have to fix this crashing somehow because the functional PC doesn't like to render for too long, and I don't know if it will stay on for long enough to compress the vids.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. What a nightmare Maria!

    I hate the BSOD so much, it was enough reason for me to migrate back over to Mac computers a few years a back.

    I hope it is working out for you now, keen to see what you came up with in the end.

    ReplyDelete